Your Day 8 Creative Writing Prompt:
Who has it? Who gives it? Who cares?
Just for a change, I’m asking for an opinion piece today.
Imagine you are writing for one of the ‘quality’, smart-arse magazines or newspapers. They want your unique take on what respect means to you and yours, in just 500 words. This is personal, so write in the first person (‘I’ and ‘me’, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’). Rant if you must, it might make you feel better in these trying times.
To save you looking it up, the Oxford Dictionary definition of respect is:
- a feeling of deep admiration for someone or something elicited by their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
- due regard for the feelings, wishes, or rights of others.
- a particular aspect, point or detail.
- to admire (someone or something) deeply, as a result of their abilities, qualities, or achievements.
- have due regard for (someone’s feelings, wishes or rights).
Back to Basics – if you need to catch up, it’s all here
I intend posting prompts here each day (until May Day) at 5pm – alive at five (Dublin time).